Monday, June 4, 2007

Glasshouse decorating for a beginner...



Flowers with happy faces ready to face a winter's day.....



After visiting the very lovely Cherryhill Cottage blogspot, I just had to have a go at making one of the old windows glasshouses. It is not quite finished but I thought I would show you all so you can appreciate the finished product when it is done- and decorated.The day I went to the antiques and collectibles swapmeet was not a very fruitful one but on the way home I managed to find some old windows, at a very reasonable price, for this project. I had picked up a beautiful, pale green, antique glass knob that was just the shot for the glasshouse door. There was also a-wait for it- GRAVE MARKER- that I was rather fascinated by. The lady I bought it off thought it was a weird thing to want to buy. Hey! She was the one selling it. To me it was just a nice piece of old metal with numbers on it. Anyway,I can't go passed something a little different to the ordinary.
As a joint effort, John and I sanded, painted and nailed and voila- a little glasshouse .
I will probably pot some more pretty plants to go in it. John has already turned a large wooden candlestick to add some height to the arrangement on the inside.
Happy day to you all...

7 comments:

  1. Very, very nice my friend can't wait to see it in real life... Your photos are lovely as always... I can't believe (not being a green thumb like you) that we have rose buds everywhere and it is winter... so, so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inventive! Smart recyling... it looks like a curio cabinet - for plants. The glass would have to be strong in order to take the heavy pots I would think. I'm not very good with hammer and nails, wish I was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela Louise - hate to have to have my say again, but you speak to me as if you've known me for years. Sure you're not watching over me with a crystal ball or something? he,he! I would have sent you up some bottled water, but would you believe it, now our water supply has been cut off due to a burst mains. Catcha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Angela

    Just have to say how inspiring your blog is and how divine your garden looks. I just imagine myself walking amongst it.
    Love your artwork
    I will look forward to following your blog
    Best regards
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jean, welcome to my blogspot. It is so wonderful to have another visitor! Thankyou for your very kind words...it is a real treat to be able to share my life with others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty garden house! I just wanted to say thank you for your well wishes for my nephew. I've also added you to my favorites. Thanks again, Theresa-Garden Antqs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty garden house! I just wanted to say thank you for your well wishes for my nephew. I've also added you to my favorites. Thanks again, Theresa-Garden Antqs

    ReplyDelete