Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Vintage Suitcase

 Here is the leather suitcase that I did a makeover on for a shop display.

 I gave it a bit of a polish and painted the inside chalk USA.
 Then I coffee dyed some muslin for draping in it to soften the look, added a couple of handmade fabric flowers and a little paper flower made from torn book pages.


 This is where you will find some silver-plated, vintage cutlery and the travel charms that I have on the shop blog.


 I have also included some antique mother of pearl buttons.
 Amazing what you can do with an old suitcase!

4 comments:

  1. ...simply beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Russia! What an interesting approach to dealig with an old suitcase! Now I know what to do with my old vintage one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful arrangements with very harmonious color balances! Regards Senna

    ReplyDelete