Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Curtains Are Up!

Hello everyone. As promised I have an update on my bedroom makeover.
John finished blacksmithing the curtain  rods and brackets this past week so now the Jaenne d'Arc curtains are up! Very exciting! They are made from such beautiful linen and fall so nicely.


I also put my little work desk that John made me a couple of years ago, bedside the bed and added a mirror and some other pretties. Now I'm trying to track down just the right stool or chair to go beneath it.
Our bedroom (like our cottage)  is rather on the small side so it's always a toss up as to how to have enough storage without having it too crowded. I wasn't sure about putting the desk bedside the bed but I thought that if I went for cozy then I would love it....and I do! Now there is a his and hers desk in our room.

I have also put up a lovely set of hooks from Ikea to hang my bags and scarves and things from. This is the detail of the beautiful coated linen, Jeanne d' Arc Living bag that I treated myself to. I was just so smitten with them when they arrived in our shop that I couldn't help myself. Linen and script...who could ask for anything more:)


Now I have the decorating bug again I can't seem to stop. I have started on the living room now so I'll have some images of that soon.

A happy week to everyone,
Angela.

3 comments:

  1. Angela what perfect timing. Haven't been reading blogs lately as I am so busy running around with things to do before my sons wedding on Saturday. Your bedroom is looking fabulous, the curtains are just perfect, beautiful fabric. Lucky you and Cathy having all those gorgeous things in your shop to have at home.
    Looking forward to seeing the next makeover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! So peaceful just like your beautiful garden.....xx c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect Angela - so lovely, so you!

    ReplyDelete